What is Educational Technology?
In a simpler definition, educational technology can be explained as making use of information technologies to improve educational techniques. Televisions, video players, the internet and especially computers play an important role in teaching education to become faster, more organized, more effective and more global.
So what are the aspects of educational technology that make it so special?
- It is easy to adapt.
- The variety of resources is very large.
- It is more interactive than traditional education.
- It allows to know the digital world.
- It facilitates distance learning.
- It offers the opportunity to take customizable lessons.
- Many organizations have planning and teaching tools for educators.
- It is more economical as it eliminates costs such as materials and transportation.
Use Examples of Educational Technology
Slides: With the interactive slides used in lectures and presentations, it can be ensured that the subjects studied can be followed clearly by everyone.
In the changing world, we will see an increasing number of companies managed by computers or artificial intelligence. In order to adapt to this, we must prepare both our future generations and current managers and employees for this future. At this point, educational technologies support us in this process with simple and adaptable tools according to the needs of the society.